Puss In Boots Demo Reel
- 00:00:00 - Milk. I used the martini system described under the Shrek Forever After demo reel section to avoid costly fluid simulations.
- 00:00:12 - Milk ripples.
- 00:00:13 - Beanstalk crayon "drawing" superimposed over the clouds.
- 00:00:18 - Beanstalk growth. I collaborated with several other artists to design and implement a sophisticated system for evolving the beanstalk geometry over time and extruding it along artistically directed paths in an organic and smooth manner. The system also takes care of manually or procedurally placing hundreds of leaves and tertiary branches. I have only done two of the shots myself (00:00:30 and 00:00:36), but all of them illustrate the flexibility of the system. (I also co-authored a Siggraph 2012 talk about this effect.)
- 00:01:06 - Cloud waterfalls. I used a combination of geometric modeling and volumetric rasterization to create cascading water that smoothly transitions into puffy drifting clouds around the castle.
- 00:01:20 - Eroding footprints.
- 00:01:23 - Building destruction.
- 00:01:25 - Sliding debris and dust.